Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unable to Match you at This Time..

I spent the evening with a couple of friends/colleagues/neighbours.. A man, and a woman.. Both divorced, both older than I am, and both down-to-earth real people..

Somehow the conversation turned into marriage and relationships, and I, yet again, expressed my desire of getting married, having my big wedding, and starting my own family.. And my friend said I should check Eharmony.com

He said he had heard a lot of successful stories through this website, and that in this time it is normal to seek dating websites since our life pace is too fast. It wouldn't have been the first time for me to try them, and although most dating websites are blocked in this country, I tried logging in as soon as I walked back into my apartment.

To my pleasant surprise, it was unblocked! All I had to was to answer 500 questions about myself, and the site would see if there matches for me. If there are, I would have to pay the fees, and find the man of my dreams.

So I answered the 500 questions. And I got the below message:

Eharmony is unable to match you at this time. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of our users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service (SIMPLY!!) We hope you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time.

Ironically, answering the question about what countries would I like to choose my man of dreams from, I answered: Any country in the world. So in this whole big wide world, there is no man that matches me.

It is depressing.. I didn't need anyone to remind me about how difficult that is already.

I should call it a day. A long tiring one..

No comments:

Post a Comment